Further to our earlier communication on the postponement of the May 2020 examinations to September 2020 due to the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic, we wish to advise you as follows:
1. The Board has reviewed the situation in the country as relates to COVID-19 and noted that, although operations are gradually opening up, the situation has still not stabilized to facilitate the administration of examinations in September 2020 as earlier envisaged.
The planned September 2020 examinations will therefore not be held as scheduled.
2. The Board however notes the great anxiety that the continuing situation has caused on our students, trainers, parents, guardians and other stakeholders, and wishes to assure all as follows:
(a) We are monitoring the situation and engaging relevant authorities as appropriate. Subject to any further disruptions, we plan to combine the May 2020 and November 2020 examinations and administer them before the year end. The dates of the combined sitting will be communicated once the requisite approvals are received from the relevant Government organs.
(b) We have commenced the process of gradually transiting some examinations to a computer based platform. In this connection, we shall shortly be conducting a survey to assess the level of preparedness of our students and trainers for computer based testing, starting with the Certificate in Accounting and Management Skills (CAMS) and thereafter Diploma and Professional qualifications. The survey will guide Kasneb in determining the extent of training required by students in preparing them for the computer based examinations moving forward.
3. The deadline for booking for the upcoming examinations has been extended to 30 September 2020.
4. We continue to urge all our students and trainers to use the current recess window to prepare adequately for the examinations through virtual learning and other acceptable modes of learning and tuition provision in readiness for the examinations. Students are further advised to register for the kasneb e-library through the link: http://library.kasneb.or.ke/
5. We thank you all for your continued patience as the Government puts in place the necessary measures to facilitate resumption of normal operations. We are all urged to continue observing the Government protocols and guidelines on management of COVID-19 in order to win the war against the pandemic.
Dr. Nicholas K. Letting’, Ph.D
SECRETARY/CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER