At Kasneb, we recognize that we owe our success to the outstanding people we employ who make things happen for our customers every day. Our value and belief system is ingrained in people culture that syncs with the heart of our business model focus of being customer centric.
Appointment of Setters
In order to maintain and enhance the quality of its examinations, Kasneb seeks to revamp its databank of examiners in different disciplines and specialisations. In this connection, qualified and competent persons are invited to apply for consideration as setters for the various qualifications of Kasneb. Applications will be categorised into the following generic clusters:
a) Cluster 1- Accounting and related disciplines
Principles of accounting, Financial accounting, Management accounting, Taxation, Auditing and assurance, Financial reporting, Financial statements analysis.
b) Cluster 2- Finance and related disciplines
Financial management, Public finance, Corporate finance, Economics, Financial institutions and markets, Equity investments analysis, Portfolio Management, Fixed income investments analysis, Alternative investments analysis, International finance, Derivatives analysis.
c) Cluster 3 – Credit management and related disciplines
Credit management, Corporate lending, Credit practice.
d) Cluster 4 – Law and related disciplines
Business Law, Law of credit management, Ethics, Company Law, Law and procedure of meetings, Law of financial markets, Banking law, Debt recovery.
e) Cluster 5 – Management and related disciplines
Entrepreneurship, Business communication, Principles and practice of management, Marketing and public relations, Customer relations, Public policy and administration, Governance, Strategic management, Organisational theory and behaviour, Corporate secretarial practice, Human resource management, Secretarial audit.
f) Cluster 6 – Information communication technology and related disciplines
Information technology, Informatics, Computer mathematics, Computer networking, Web design and development, Computer maintenance, Information systems, Operating systems, Database systems, Systems analysis, Systems design, e-commerce, Data communication, Software engineering, Mobile application development, Systems security, Computer programming.
g) Cluster 7 – Quantitative analysis and related disciplines
Business mathematics, Business statistics, Quantitative analysis, Financial mathematics.
Applicants for appointment as setters must fulfill the following minimum requirements:
Academic/professional qualifications and experience
- Possession of any one or more of the following professional qualifications obtained from Kasneb: Certified Public Accountants (CPA), Certified Secretaries (CS), Certified Information Communication Technologists (CICT), Certified Investment and Financial Analysts (CIFA) and Certified Credit Professionals (CCP).
- Membership to relevant professional
- Possession of an undergraduate degree from a recognised university in any one or more of the following disciplines; accounting, finance, economics, business administration, business management, credit management, project management, operations management, law, applied mathematics, statistics, computer science/information technology or related
- Possession of a postgraduate degree in any one, or more, of the disciplines enumerated in (c)
- Possession of post-qualification teaching experience of not less than five (5) years in a recognised university or an accredited middle-level
The ideal candidates should be persons of high moral uprightness and unquestionable integrity. They should espouse the virtues of honesty, hard work, diligence and professional fidelity.
The selected setters will be allocated responsibilities from time to time in the setting of various professional examination papers.
APPOINTMENT OF CHECKERS
Kasneb seeks to recruit checkers to participate in the authentication and verification stage of the marking process.
The appointed checkers will be allocated responsibilities with regard to checking from time to time for the next three (3) years. Applicants for appointment as checkers must fulfill the following minimum requirements:
Academic Qualifications and Other Requirements
- Possession of a diploma in a business-related or statistical discipline from a recognised institution (those with an undergraduate degree in the stated disciplines from a recognised university will have an added advantage).
- Possession of a valid certificate of good
The ideal candidates should be persons of high moral uprightness and unquestionable integrity. They should be disciplined, obedient and able and willing to work for long hours with minimum supervision.
Submission of Applications
Interested candidates who meet the above minimum requirements are required to send their handwritten application letters accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and national identity (ID) cards and names and addresses of three (3) referees to the undersigned so as to reach him on or before Friday, 20 September 2019. Applications may also be hand-delivered at Kasneb’s offices at Kasneb Towers, Hospital Road, Upper Hill Nairobi.
- Current setters or those who had already applied need not
- Applicants for setting should clearly state the cluster in relation to which they are making the
- Applicants for setting should enclose (a) sample(s) of question paper(s) and their accompanying solutions for each subject they wish to be considered
- Applications for setting should be made via registered post (for those that are not hand-delivered).
- Applications for checking can be made via ordinary post (or hand-delivered).
The Secretary/Chief Executive Officer Kasneb Towers, Hospital Road, Upper Hill P.O. Box 41362-00100 Nairobi
INDUSTRIAL ATTACHMENT/INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
The objective of the kasneb Youth Internship/Industrial attachment programme is to provide the youth with an opportunity for on-the job experience and to develop their ability to successfully take up employment opportunities in both public and private sectors.
Industrial Attachment Basic Requirements
(i) Application Letter
(ii) Recommendation letter from the training institution.
(iii) Copy of valid student ID.
(iv) Copies of academic/professional qualifications transcripts.
(v) Copy of National Identification card.
(vi) Personal accident insurance cover for personal risks lasting for at least three (3) months.
(vii) Medical insurance cover by the National Hospital Insurance (NHIF) or any other reputable medical insurance firm.
(viii) Copy of Birth Certificate.
(ix) Copy of PIN certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.